Thursday, September 08, 2005

Melanoma

Two days ago I got a phone call from my doctor that the two moles she removed (one from my arm, one from my shoulder) are malignant; the one on my arm is in the first stages of melanoma, so today after going dress shopping for my brother's wedding, I'll be going in for minor surgery. My doctor will remove more flesh from my arm. She believes that all the malignant flesh is already removed; this supposedly is only a precautionary measure. In any case, if I can scan the slides of my moles, I'll post them here.

2 comments:

Kasey Mohammad said...

Darn that melanoma.

Nice to have you back and blogging again, Maggie. Looking forward to your novel.

caitlin grace said...

Hi Maggie

Did they use the word "dysplasia"? If so, that means it's not benign, but not full blown malanoma either, which is different from "first stages of melanoma" as it can be dysplastic your whole life w/o actually becoming malignant. You should still have it checked out but certain doctors will take as much skin and money as they can. I know all about this shit--have had them chop off skin in five places.

What phd programs? I'm considering that too.

Caitlin McDonnell.
PS I'm not in SF anymore. But I did see you out the window of my car very late at night this summer and you looked happy.